Wider Public Sector Print Services framework agreement
Contract ID: RM1687
Start Date: 04/05/2012
End Date: 20/01/2018
Developed in conjunction with YPO and ESPO, the Wider Public Sector Print Services framework agreement combines the requirements for print services and printing papers into a single procurement route. With recognition of the ever increasing role and importance of technology as a way to communicate with users of government services, this framework brings into scope eCommunication solutions to support your traditional print requirements to release cost savings.
The framework has two lots:
- Lot 1 - Managed Printing and eCommunications Services
- Lot 2 - Operational Print Services
To service below EU threshold spend or where you need to source print services within your local geographical area the Government Dynamic Marketplace for Print Services is available to complement the framework agreement. The Dynamic Marketplace gives you access to pre-registered suppliers through raising a tender.
- For the latest Printing and Specialist Paper update click here
- Education customers: use the framework for your prospectus printing click here
- To see how we are improving transparency on paper production in conjunction with WWF please click here
- Lot 2 supplier Delga / Collector Set Printers talk to Print Business
- Lot 2 supplier DST achieves ISO 9001
- Get your free copy of ‘Print Jargon Guide’ from Lot 2 supplier ImageData
- Lot 1 supplier CDS helps Transport for London improve London travel experience
- Electoral printing services for local councils - cost effective solutions click here
- Waltham Forest appoints CDS as Print Management Service Provider
- Easy to use lot structure with no print expertise required;
- Flexibility to meet the needs of wider public sector customers from one-off small print runs to fully managed services;
- A cashable savings driven framework with this principle embedded into the terms & conditions and pricing models;
- Proactive approach from suppliers to access the latest innovations to drive savings;
- Stability during transfer through the use of existing supply chain (lot 1 - Managed Printing and eCommunications Services);
- Incentives to reduce demand for printed material through the use of eCommunications and a Gainshare pricing model (lot 1 - Managed Printing and eCommunications Services);
- Intelligent MI with accurate spend, consumption and performance data to track buying patterns and identify further savings opportunities;
- Strategic partnering with suppliers;
- Supports SMEs.
You will need to identify which of the lots is most appropriate for your needs - descriptions can be found below and for full details click here to access the Customer Guidance Notes.
The framework can be accessed via running a further competition to gain prices for your specific requirements whilst benefiting from ceiling prices for a range of common papers and printed items. You can direct award utilising the ceiling price under lot 2 for common product sets, papers, finishing options and print runs, please click here for details on how to access ceiling pricing matrices for all lots.
Lot 1 - Managed Printing and eCommunications Services
A fully managed end-to-end print services lot with four suppliers to provide a solution for you to order your total organisational print services, on a project basis or any constituent part of the process.
This lot supports you in moving away from a traditional tactical print model to the appointment of a strategic supplier who can manage all of your requirements in a partnership approach with you.
The aim of this lot is for suppliers to work with you in a proactive manner, support your existing strategies and develop new strategies to release cash savings through the use of standardisation, rationalisation, aggregation of demand and may include the use of eCommunications where appropriate.
eCommunication and Digital Services
Lot 2 – Operational Print Services
This lot allows you to engage directly with print manufactures for a range of general, office and marketing print requirements. The suppliers on this lot have the ability to print multi-page documents from low to high volume production runs.
You can place a single order or place a call-off contract for all your operational print requirements. Order values can range from low to high values with no minimum order value required.
The aim of this lot is for suppliers to offer good value print services through the use of a ceiling price matrix . Suppliers will work with you in a proactive manner to drive cost savings through using their expertise and offering guidance on all aspects of specifications and suggest alternatives that could be more cost effective.
Example product sets include
The framework agreement has embedded savings principles into the terms & conditions and pricing models to support you in delivering cashable savings, examples include:
- Ceiling paper prices (lots 1 and 2) - commonly purchased papers can be selected from a price matrix. These prices are set at a maximum ceiling price which will be reviewed every six months. You can compete your requirements via further competition and that may result in further savings;
- Ceiling publications and finishing prices (lot 2) - commonly purchased publications in varying volumes and page paginations can be selected from a maximum ceiling price matrix to access these please click here. You can make a direct award call-off contract based on the best value option using the price matrices or compete your requirements via further competition that may result in further savings;
- Open-book pricing (lot 1) - to support you in making an informed decision about the costs associated with the printed goods and services that you require, all of the suppliers will operate using open-book pricing principles giving you full transparency in the cost structure;
- Gainshare (lot 1) - to support you to drive savings, suppliers will adopt a proactive approach to drive cost savings through using their expertise and offering you guidance on all aspects of your specifications and suggest alternative solutions including eCommunications. This is the standard operating model on which the performance driven payment scheme known as Gainshare will operate. This Gainshare scheme works on the basis that where a supplier offers a solution that saves you money and where that solution is taken up, then a proportion of that saving is paid to the supplier. This encourages the supplier to drive cost savings and you will benefit through the savings made, resulting in a win-win situation for all, for further details please click here.
- Guaranteed savings (lot 1) - you can choose to operate a guaranteed savings pricing model where the supplier will guarantee to save a set cash amount or a percentage of your current spend;
- Flexible pricing models (lot 1) - supported by two pricing models for you to choose frpm. Price model A - suppliers will operate open-book pricing and invoice all goods and services at cost to you and then apply a service charge which is capped at 10% and through further competition that may result further savings. Price Model B - suppliers will operate open-book pricing and invoices all goods and services at cost to you. You then define a range of service wraps that you require such as project management, different levels of account management etc. which have maximum ceiling prices and through further competition they may result further in savings.
This framework was developed in consultation with a range of wider public sector organisations and suppliers. The framework was developed to provide an EU compliant route and recognise of the ever increasing role and importance of technology as a way to communicate with users of Government services and as such this framework brings into scope eCommunication solutions to support your traditional print requirements to release cost savings.
Following publication of the OJEU the procurement was undertaken using the Open Procedure. Tenders were evaluated in accordance with the published evaluation criteria in two stages – Selection Stage and then Award Stage. Following evaluation of the Selection Stage all bidders that passed the mandatory criteria were then evaluated at Award Stage. Please click here for full details.
To successfully deliver the framework and savings there is proactive contract management with suppliers. A strategic relationship has been developed with regular performance reviews to ensure value is being delivered and continuous performance is driven.
A Memorandum of Understanding was agreed with YPO and ESPO in 2012 to collaborate on this framework and allow access to all of our customers.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||10 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Managed Printing and eCommunications Services||4 - click here to view suppliers||20/01/2018|
|2||Operational Print Services||6 - click here to view suppliers||20/01/2018|
Framework Manager Contact Details