Welcome to the Crown Commercial Service
We are creating a new commercial service for Government, to act on behalf of the Crown, to drive further savings for the taxpayer and improve the quality of commercial and procurement activity across the public sector.
The Crown Commercial Service brings together, as one organisation, Government Procurement Service (GPS), the commercial function of the Cabinet Office, and common goods and services procurement and commercial management currently undertaken by departments.
The Crown Commercial Service vision is to deliver value for the nation through outstanding commercial capability and quality customer service.
Our key objectives are to:
- Centrally manage the procurement of common goods and services through an integrated procurement function at the heart of government; acting on behalf of the Crown and harnessing government’s unique buying power to deliver maximum taxpayer value and help cut the deficit.
- Improve the management of common but complex procurements by providing flexible specialist resource, via a complex transactions team, to work with departments and reduce the reliance on external resources.
- Allow customers to focus on the commercial activity that is truly unique to them.
- Strengthen the procurement profession and improve commercial capability across government.
- Improve supplier and contract management across government.
- Work closely with the wider public sector to ensure that the benefits of aggregation and centralisation are shared across the public sector to maximise savings for the taxpayer.
We are building our capability by recruiting commercial experts to grow and expand our services. For example, in the future, we will be offering an end to end commercial service for customers, with a much greater focus on contract management.
We are an executive agency of the Cabinet Office and operate as a trading fund set up under the Government Trading Funds Act 1973.
Our services are delivered by more than 2,600 suppliers, of whom more than 50% are SMEs. We use our supplier commission model positively and transparently to fund our operational costs, and the supplier commission, which varies by category, currently averages just 0.33%.
Our value for money, commercial procurement solutions are fully EU compliant to save you time and money allowing you to focus on the projects of strategic importance to your organisation. They cover energy, travel, fleet, office solutions, communications services, print, professional services, ICT, eCommerce, construction, research and facilities management & property.
We work with over 1,400 organisations in central government, health, local government, devolved administrations, education and the not for profit sectors.
Our strategic alliances with other buying organisations demonstrate our commitment to working in partnership to combine purchasing volumes and deliver cost savings that benefit the whole of the public sector.
As a public sector organisation, working on behalf of the public sector, we play a vital role helping to protect front line services by delivering savings through our aggregated commercial procurement arrangements.